Certified Scrum Master
This Online course teaches Agile and Scrum concepts for participants to comfortably implement Agile principles and Scrum methodology in their projects. The participant on passing the scrum master certification will be a certified scrum master with the ability of handling and implementing scrum in his team.
- Agile practices and apply Scrum methodology for software development.
- Write user stories.
- Perform Scrum Release Planning, and Scrum Sprint Planning.
- Estimate user stories and tasks using Poker Estimation.
- Deconstruct user stories into tasks and ideal day estimates
- Carryout a sprint with Daily Scrum Meetings.
- End a Sprint with Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives
- Use Scrum as a tool for improving collaboration, communication, quality, and team productivity
- Use Scrum with multiple, or distributed, project teams.
Programmers, Testers, System Analysts and Solution Architects
- Traditional Vs Agile Approach
- Agile manifesto
- Agile Principles
Module-1: Agile Concepts
- Applicability of Scrum?
- Overview of Scrum Process(Basics)
- Scrum Roles
- Scrum Artifacts
- Scrum ceremonies
- How product owner communicates the requirements to the scrum team.
- Sprint commitment by team
- Time boxing the sprint.
- Sprint execution
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Release
- Demo of sprint to the product owner
- Sprint Retrospective
Module-2: Introduction to Scrum
- Product Backlog creation
- Understanding User stories
- INVEST Concepts
- User story estimation (using planning poker)
- Exercise with one team for better understanding of planning poker
- Product backlog Prioritization
- Sprint Planning
- Product Owner and Team Identification
- Sprint Goal
- Sprint Backlog creation
- Estimation of Sprint Backlog items
- Understanding of Velocity
- Using Velocity to make release planning
Module-3: Scrum in live
- Game to understand advantage of multi skilling – Dot’s and Color Pens
- Game to understand reality of velocity / do things differently – Passing Ball
- Game to understand importance of continuous testing – Blocks game
Module-4: Understanding team behaviors expected in Scrum
- Execution of Sprint 1 – One Hour
- Sprint 1 Demo – 2/3 min per team (10 min)
- Sprint 1 retrospective – 5 min for team, 10 min feedback and review
- Sprint Planning for Sprint -2
- Sprint goal creation
- Sprint backlog creation
- Sprint 2 execution – One Hour
- Sprint 2 Demo – 2/3 min per team (10 min)
- Sprint 2 retrospective – 5 min for team, 10 min feedback and review
Module-5: Sprint execution using POP application
- Scrum workflow zigzag game – 10 min
- Scrum of Scrums
- Scrum in Distributed Location
- Tools for Agile
- Questions and Answer
- If time permits Scrum myths